Monday, December 9, 2013

Out of the Shire: A Tribute Exhibition to Middle Earth

I'm sneaking in one last show before the end of the year!

Gallery Nucleus had an open call for submissions for their, Out of the Shire: A Tribute Exhibition to Middle Earth up for most of the year.  I had planned on entering months ago, but got swamped with work on and off that I never found the time.  But Peter Jackson and Lord of the Rings has been a major influence on my life that I just had to find time!

Some of you may not know, but before attending Art Center, I was graduated from USC's film school.  One of the biggest reasons I went was inspired by the Lord of the Rings trilogy!  And without going to film school, I would have never gone to art school!  Who knows where I might be by now had I not?! 

I was inspired by the idea of 'rings' and loved the iconic scene of the fellowship on their journey.  If you can, try to see it in person during their opening on Saturday, December 14, 2013 from 7pm - 11pm.  The photos really don't do it justice this time.  To purchase the piece, go here.